Open Discussion Group

BoA Weekend, Only a week away

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Les Crook

Reallly excited, am I sad? My aim for the weekend is to convert SWMBO to Moultoneering. See you there.

Les

Alexander Johnston
    Participant

My Wife enjoys BoA and she doesn’t cycle but she can work out what the various bits and pieces are for at the Bring and Buy better than I can.

CLIVE FENNER
    Participant

Is there an app I can use to de-cipher the increasing use of text talk. Or have I worked it out for myself ? SWMBO ? Son with mega body odour ?

Alexander Johnston
    Participant

Assuming you are serious….
    “She who must be obeyed”, from the 70s TV series, Rumpole of the Bailey.
    Morphed into “Her Indoors” in the TV series Minder.
    Trouble and Strife – wife.

CLIVE FENNER
    Participant

Got it. Best of luck with this.

Les Crook

She will be on her Brommie so she is into little wheels anyway. Hmm a plan hatches!!

Pandora

For those of us (myself) who could not attend, please post about the event.
    The Saturday afternoon address by the Chair, what was the subject?
    Any new models unveiled by the Company?

Alexander Johnston
    Participant

Hi Pandora
    A fabulous weekend; apart from the Moulton weekend there was a hill climbing event in the centre of BoA on the Saturday afternoon and the sun shone.
    The most significant new development is a Moulton 11 speed 10 to 32 cassette which works with a 53/39 double to provide a 23 to 98 gear inch range on the TSR 22 which is a better range than that provided by the 58/44/34 10 speed triple with the 11-25 campy cassette (25 to 98 inches) on the TSR 30.
    I understand this cassette is still being tested but could potentially be available as an option on other Moulton models including the SST.
    An Earl Grey model was also on show. This has been inspired by a new grey Brookes saddle which has been made using a different technique from Brooks’ traditional leather saddles. It has 17 inch wheels with a flip-flop fixed/free wheel. It looks lovely but I’m not sure who would buy it.
    The theme of the event was 40 year anniversary of the Moulton bicycle club and the 35 year anniversary of Moulton Preservation, and bikes reaching their 50th birthday, including the Mini.

Hi! Does any MBClub member, maybe who was at the September club meeting at BoA, know if there is likely to be a BoA club gathering next April? I didn’t hear anything about it during my rather short visit there. William Poole – Bergen, Norway.

Les Crook

William,

I didn’t hear anything either way. Mind you this April’s meet wasn’t posted until quite near the date.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.