Open Discussion Group

Lucky Me

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Adrian Lewis
    Participant

Having been away from moultons for about a year i decided it was time to look for another so i looked at the usual places (gumtree trade-it) for local bikes nothing 🙁 i tried to avoid ebay but was seduced by the bikes after watching 2 or 3 bike they went for more than i was willing to pay
    so after loosing a stowaway by a fiver i clicked a link that said similar items from what i could see from the pics it looked like a full riveted mk1 deluxe but badly painted so i bought it (price at end) so i drive to pick it up look over it and check the usual bits like rear fork etc play in steering etc i noticed it had no lower rack support or a second mudguard stay ? gave it no mind and payed up
    on the return journey my mind began to wander “was this a early early mk1?” i got home took some pics and and sent them to Ken Butterfield and tom Esslemont i got my answer but it wasnt what i was expecting
    it was a early 64 Safari !!!!!! lots of wrong and or missing bits but a BoA so it needs keeping so now the work begins
    oh yeh i paid £75 !

Gary Knight
    Participant

Great result any pictures?

Here is one:
    http://2010.tomkiss.net/blog/dads_1964_moulton_safari
    But the colour is not accurate best seek lots of advice re the correct colour.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.