Open Discussion Group

Schwalbe Kojak versus Schwalbe Marathon for 349 tire on F-frame

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I am completing the rebuild of my F Frame after a catastrophic rear swing axle buckling failure. The Kojak tire was damaged and I am looking to put fresh tires on the machine. How does the Marathon perform. I only have experience with the Kojak. I like the Kojak for road holding and tracking. The tire has a perceived liveliness for acceleration. That being said, I do no like the lack of a tread as every “nick” shows up on the surface of the tire. Where I ride, broken glass in the roadway does occasionally occur. I have not had a failure due to glass, just an observation. Does the Marathon ride “ok”, there does appear to be a body of on-line discussion that says the Marathon does not ride very well. Any comments from fellow Moulton riders is what I seek. Thanks for any input.
    David

David Sharpe

I find the marathon OK – not as lively as the Kojak but better for day to day riding. On the other hand the marathon plus is slower, and difficult to get on and off. But as bomb proof as any other tyre that I’ve used.

Craig
    Participant

i use both and find kojaks great for a slick and sporty ride but I opt for marathons on work horses,
    the name on the sidewall is a pretty accurate description……. Who luvs ya baby !

Les Crook

David,

Can only echo what Craig says. I find the Kojaks are great for fun rides but stick with the Marathons for day to day duties. In terms of difference in perceived effort, I can definitely feel the drag on the road with the Marathons but when load lugging even the kojaks max pressured they dont respond as well.

Got the marathons. Thanks for all the insight

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.