Open Discussion Group

Sheared pivot bolt – Mk1

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jon Riley
    Participant

Hi there, I’ve only just registered so hope this is an appropriate place to post. I have a great condition restored MK1 4 speed, but a couple of weeks ago the pivot bolt sheared off, and the rear forks are hanging off. Is it possible for me to repair, and where might I get the correct bolt? I may also consider selling if someone is interested, as it’s not getting the use it deserves. Thanks. Jon

Des Gibbons
    Participant

Is this the one on gumtree? Lots of advice on here, facebook etc, etc.

Les Crook

Jon, welcome. The pivot bolt assesmbly is available from Moulton preservation. To be honest it might be worth changing the pivot assembly as a whole rather than just the bolt. Molly (my 66) certainly felt better for it.

Jon Riley
    Participant

Yep. It’s the one on Gumtree Des, if you mean the white one. I was trying to find a Moulton facebook group but they mostly seemed to be for the newer ones. I think I’d prefer to sell, as I have too many bikes right now. And my rat rod mini is the preferred one at the moment. Just would like it to go to someone who loves them.

Jon Riley
    Participant

Hi there,
    How do I contact Moulton preservation to get a new assembly? Probably being daft, but I can’t see a link.

Thanks
    Jon

Dave Minter
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.