Open Discussion Group

SUNDAY 29th November …..East London Olyimpic Park Ride

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Craig
    Participant

SUNDAY 29th November …..East London Olyimpic Park Ride
    Meet at Liverpool street Station Platform concourse for a 9.30 sharp start, We will work our way through the East End taking in the notorious Brick Lane ‘Second hand’ bike/parts market. Its a facinating experiance if you have never seen the place. ”Dont worry”during our visit your bikes will be kept safe,secure and away from the market area with a moulton club member be standing over them to ensure thier security. (Bring a lock though)

Then on to the Queen Elizabeth Olyimpic Park where we will visit the Velodrome, The road racing track, BMX and mountain bike trails .The cafe will be open for us inside the Velodrome (no entry cost) and we also see the new home of West Ham United (the former Olyimpic stadium).and that stange tall red (spaceframe?) tower thing!

The circular route will start and finish at Liverpool St Stn, plenty of refreshment stops, Not much milage to cover so it will make a nice pre christmas social event …..

Hi Craig, I have added the ride to the event calendar.
    Please give google and the Moultonbuzz-website a few hours to synchronise.

Cheers, Thorsten (would love to take part, but living too far away)

Craig
    Participant

One day perhaps guys, …

david james
    Participant

can anyone suggest a train station near a3 where you can park a car and catch a train that you can take a bike on to this event?

Chris Wright
    Participant

David – not sure where you’re coming in from, but I live at Cheshunt; it’s two stops to Liverpool Street, and £1.30 to park in the station car park all day.

david james
    Participant

that sound’s ideal chris thanks, i’m coming from portsmouth area, i’ve no desire to drive through london and lugging a bike through 3 or 4 different trains doesn’t appeal much either!

CLIVE FENNER
    Participant

Just clicked on club rides & events calendar, nothing showing for this Sunday, or any thing else.
    Is the Olympic Park ride still on ?

Keith Hales
    Participant

Yes, 9.00 at Liverpool St stn for 9.30 start

david james
    Participant

presumably that is the broadgate concourse on the ground floor? i haven’t been to this station

Keith Hales
    Participant

I would think so

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.