Open Discussion Group

TSR Mud guard clearances

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    selly

Hi all I’m a new TSR8 owner well actually TSR11 as my bike is fitted with the Alfine hub. Just wondering what gives the reduced tyre clearances on this bike compared to the TSR9 and TSR27, I have v brakes so it’s not restricted by these. Anyone know the restricting factors ?

George White

I understood that the TSR frame is shared by all models of TSR and certainly with my TSR27 I found the clearances not particularly tight.
    I’m given to understand that vibrations causing fractures of the guards may be a problem in time though.

George

selly

Thanks George I am trying to find out why the TSR30 and TSR8 are often said to have less tyreclearance – is it frame or brake type? since asking the question I have had a look on the Moulton website and the spec for all tsr models suggest max tyre width is 1.6″. If anyone has any more info I would love to hear it. Thanks
    Selly

Gavin Clark
    Participant

The original TSR8 came with caliper brakes like the TSR30 so it was limited to 406 x 28 tyres with mudguards. But for the last few years, the TSR8 has come with the V brake frame also used on the 9 and 27, so they can accept wider tyres.

Gavin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.