Open Discussion Group

Looking for value of early model F

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Eliot Madow
    Participant

Hello to all. I am new to the club, and a resident of the U.S.
    I own a 1967 model F (at least I think that is what it is) that was purchased new for me when I was a lad. The need to empty the garage where the bicycle has languished for decades is forcing me to look to sell. I was wondering if anyone would offer an opinion on the fair value of such a bike, and perhaps even suggest a potential buyer in the States (without having to resort to the felons on Craigslist and eBay)?
    The condition is good original, everything in working order (gears, brakes, etc.). The paintwork has some minor rust and scuffs, and the tyres won’t hold air. It is missing the original long kickstand, but has the original pump in the brackets of the rear carrier. You can see a picture here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/eamoeamo/15918117686/
    Thanks in advance.
    Eliot

Des Gibbons
    Participant

Bikes like this are varying between 200 and 500 pound over here in the uk, I think you should clean it up as best you can and keep it, the fact it has the rare front rack on is a bonus as these can fetch up to 100 pound alone on ebay UK, providing all the forks, springs etc work fine and there is no cracks or bends in the frame it will be worth the higher end of above then again it depends on how much interest you have over there and how much folk are willing to pay in your market!

Des Gibbons
    Participant

Or should I say that’s what owners are asking for on ebay etc, not particularly what they’re worth!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.