- August 7, 2014Moulton Preservation's annual Ricmond Park Ride and PicnicDate:August 7, 2014Time:11:00 am to 4:00 pmLocation: Roehampton Gate Car Park, Richmond ParkDescription: Thursday August 7th 2014
A gentle, largely traffic-free ride of about 12 miles within Richmond Park, Surrey.
An ideal ride for families, with plenty of refreshment stops and an optional hill!
Meet in the Roehampton Gate Car Park for 11.00 am start, with picnic gathering for lunch near Pembroke Lodge, where refreshments are available. Ends back at Roehampton Gate for tea.
Unfortunately, this ride can only be arranged for a weekday as the Park and paths are extremely busy at weekends and the Parks Police advise against it.
Look forward to seeing you and your F frames there. Robert, Zoe and Michael
- August 10, 2014Blackpool Moulton ride, with air show!Date:August 10, 2014Time:10:30 am to 2:30 pmLocation: FY8 2QP, Lytham St Annes, Lancashire FY8 2QP, UKDescription: Starting at 10:30 from North Promenade in Lytham St Annes, close to the junction with Todmordon Road (Blackpool end), postcode for your satnav FY8 2QP. There is usually free on street parking along North Promenade or a there is a pay car park & toilets towards the Lytham end of the road.
The ride is northwards up the coast road into Blackpool then following the promenade towards Fleetwood for something to eat & drink. After lunch retrace our tracks back into Blackpool to watch the free air show up, down & across the promenade. The ride ends in Blackpool at around 2pm.
Follow this link for air show details –
For those who wish (like me) to watch the show, including the last flying Vulcan bomber (XH558), scheduled at 16:11, we will hang around on the prom. Those Moulton riders not interested in the flying display please feel free to do as you wish; shop, ride on the amusement park, sunbathe or simply depart.
This ride will be flat, really flat; maximum altitude estimated 25 feet! However it is exposed to the wind so it may be challenging in one direction or the other. Total distance around 20 miles all on roads & paved surfaces, there may be some sand around in places. The pace will be slow, as we will almost inevitably be weaving in and out of pedestrians on the prom.
As the main reason for the ride is to become involved in the air show as spectators, should the weather seriously curtail or even cancel the event, it would imply unpleasant cycling conditions so the ride would also be cancelled. Should the forecast predict bad weather, please feel free to contact me 24-48 hours before to confirm whether it’s on or off.
- August 29, 2014MBC Meeting at BoAStarts:August 29, 2014Ends:August 31, 2014Location: Bradford-on-Avon, United KingdomDescription: Annual meeting at the Hall, Bradford-on-Avon, United Kingdom
- September 14, 2014North West RideDate:September 14, 2014Time:10:00 am to 3:00 pmLocation: 345 Leymoor Road, Golcar, Huddersfield HD74QQ, United KingdomDescription: Across the moors and back along canal. Fantastic views all the way. 26 miles. Colin Rose. firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 5, 2014North West RideDate:October 5, 2014Time:10:00 am to 2:00 pmLocation: Mobberley Railway Station WA16 7QLDescription: Mobberley Railway Station WA16 7QL Rodney Fisher email@example.com Mostly minor roads to Jodrell Bank returning via Tatton Park, with optional Manchester Airport flight watching from beside the runway afterwards. 25 Miles
- November 2, 2014North West RideDate:November 2, 2014Time:10:00 am to 3:00 pmLocation: Sealand Road "Park & Ride" Chester, CH1 4LQDescription: Sealand Road "Park & Ride" Chester, CH1 4LQ John Holiday firstname.lastname@example.org Out to Deeside & Burton Marsh, lunch at Net's Café, return via Saughall. 20 miles, no hills!