Open Discussion Group

New Editor for ‘Moultoneer’.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

In view of the change of Editor, what would readers like to see MORE of – or LESS of – in the magazine?
    For me – less use of page space on the repetitive, same every month, advertising, which could easily be in smaller type or split between alternative issues, leaving more space for current matters. Bob CC.

W.T.P.Watson

I used to like the technical reports that appeared in the earlier Moultoneers. There were quite a number of new developments then. How people have “modified” their Moultons is interesting – I believe Dr Moulton himself used to be amused to see what people had done to his baby!

It is always interesting to read of people’s rides – particularly the unusual / challenging ones.

Alexander Johnston
    Participant

A good variety is the way forward: something for everyone which characterized Matt’s excellent editorship.
    I would enjoy some “non-promotional and balanced” ride reports on new Moulton models, but that would require the support of the Company.

CLIVE FENNER
    Participant

I remember a magazine that readers sent photos to that was very popular. Perhaps the Moultoneer could do something similar & call it Readers Bikes. Even the old bikes are interesting.

Ejwjnr
    Participant

Some additional hints and tips for bike set up or an active cycle surgery would be good.
    As mentioned more pictures are always great and more frequent issues although costs may limit this. It’s always exciting to receive the new edition but the wait can be painful if your an anorak like me!
    Do think Tom will do an excellent job his tech knowledge is awesome and I have learnt lots from him, cheers Tom & good luck.

Craig
    Participant

The mag needs and I believe will give the reader regular features on regular page numbers ( like newspapers and periodicals readers will flick to a page number to see their favourite features first) an f frame section a Spaceframe section, historical articles member input, humor, controversy , tech topics, news from the factory, and contributions from overseas

Alexander Johnston
    Participant

Issue 112 of the Moultoneer dropped through by letter box this morning and I had a good read over breakfast.
    There’s a wide variety of article – something in it for everyone. I particularly like the smaller print and it was good to read an article from a Thai contributor.
    Tom is obviously going to put his stamp on the magazine: his return to editorship has got off to a flying start.

Craig
    Participant

I agree with Alex the new font and new layout and feel is very refreshing. The overseas contribution I hope will be regular too, well done Tom , it’s now up to us the readers/ members to play our part and contribute articles

david james
    Participant

an article of stripping/servicing front suspension on apb’s and similar newer models would be useful, there’s very little info on this compared to f frames

There is a single Pashley sheet, headed ‘APB Service Grease’, which came with my Land Rover APB. This describes stripping and lubricating front and rear suspension. I presume that this sheet is common knowledge. Bob CC.

david james
    Participant

i have seen this online but there are no photographs of the works.the bearings are “dry bearings” are these the same as used on other models? still obtainable? if not what else to use?
    an article would be useful

Alexander Johnston
    Participant

Perhaps we need a “Moulton Preservation” for Spaceframes?

david james
    Participant

i’d say so, my suspension is fine at the moment but i’d like to have all the parts ready when it need’s servicing

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.