Open Discussion Group

1987 AM Jubilee 14 speed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Clint
    Participant

I’ve been restoring my AM Jubilee with the original equipment drive train, Suntour Cyclone front and rear derailleurs, Shimano biopace chainset. I can’t quite get the adjustment right on the front derailleur. I can select all the gears fine but no matter what I do, the chain rubs on one side or another of the cage. Does anyone have any words of wisdom

Ian Anderson

Apologies if I’m teaching a granny to suck eggs but are the limit screws set correctly? Height and rotation – lower and closer to the chainring or higher and further out, tail of the cage angled inwards or outwards a bit? Have you put a new bottom bracket in – perhaps the crankset is sitting a bit too far out or in? Does the cranket exceed the capacity of the front derailleur? Can’t think of anything else off the top of my head!

Clint
    Participant

Hi Ian, thanks for your post, no you weren’t teaching granny to suck eggs. It turned out had the front derailleur set slightly to low. I’d set it to the Suntour spec as opposed to the Shimano biopace instructions.

Ian Anderson

Glad you got it sorted.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.